Friday, March 16, 2007

Feathers


The chicks are getting feathers already! It's only been 5 days! I think I am going to need a bigger brooder and soon. I hate to put them out in the garage as I want them to bond with us but I think they are going to be too big to keep in here in about 3 weeks. I really like holding them and so does Spencer. She is really good with the babies. I've got about 4 weeks to get a coop design down and built so I really better shake a leg. It is so hard to decide. With my very limited carpentry skills I don't have many options. I'd like a nice looking coop that doesn't scream hillbilly since this is Dallas, but I only have hillbilly skills and pathetic ones at that. Frankly, I'm an insult to hillbillies. It is going to be hard to choose which ones to keep and which ones to cull. Spencer has already named one Madison, one Spencer, one Meg and one Miss Bercoccin. I may have bitten off more than I can chew here.

No comments: