Friday, June 12, 2009

My chickens are dead.

I lost 2 birds about a month ago to natural causes, one died right in front of my eyes then the next day we found the other dead in the coop. The remaining 3 seemed happy enough and I was enjoying them tremendously. They were the 3 friendliest, most social of my birds. Well, we had a horriffic storm on Thurday and the backyard fence door must have blown in. Things were fine when I got up at 6 but later in the morning some feral dogs got into the yard then got into the coop and killed my 3 remaining birds. I am devastated.

2 comments:

CreatingMyDestiny said...

I am so sorry to hear of your chicken loss. I know how special chickens can be - we have 4 hens and a roo along with 2 ducks. It seems that I am spending countless hours trying to keep them safe. ((hugs)) to you.

Sara said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your chooks.

I've grown real attached to mine in the short time I've had them, and it would knock me sideways to lose them.